The first zipline canopy tour through native Coromandel bush has launched.
Stretching 1km in total, ‘CoroZip’ is The Coromandel’s newest eco-adventure and the start of a magical new chapter in the story of Driving Creek Railway.
Eight separate ziplines, the longest of which is 200m long, will guide you through the bush canopy alongside kereru, korimako (bellbirds) and tui and over the Copeland Stream.
Once harnessed, you will take the rail car up halfway towards Driving Creek’s pinnacle EyeFull Tower observation point for the start of the guided tour back to the Driving Creek village.
- Need to arrive 20 minutes before trip time
- Wear clothing appropriate for the weather conditions – We can offer wet weather jackets if they need.
- Enclosed footwear e.g. running shoes, casual shoes – no jandals, sandals.
- Footwear should be reasonably clean before they arrive to help prevent the spread of Kauri Dieback – we have a cleaning station on-site if needed
- Children (16 years and under) must be accompanied by a responsible adult (17 years or over)
- Trip duration is 3 hours
- Minimum age is 6
- No maximum age - As long as they feel fit and able, we would love to take them ziplining.
- 10 customers max per tour
- 120kg max weight
- $127 for an adult
- $87 for a child (6-16 years old)
- $377 for a family (2 adults, 2 children)