About 400 hectares of mature kauri trees remain in the 2000s. Many of these survived because they were located in areas too difficult for loggers to access. The main stands are in the Moehau ecological area, the Manaia Forest Sanctuary and the upper reaches of the Tairua River.
- → A Brief Guide to The Coromandel from Daniel Murray
- → Photographer's guide to visiting and photographing Cathedral Cove
- → Summer in The Coromandel
- → Our Tiaki Promise
- → Winter Family Getaway
- → My Birthday Weekend in The Coromandel
- → What’s not to love about The Coromandel?
- → Hello Friday
- → Golden Days in The Coromandel
- → Kauri Heritage on The Coromandel