Here are our top suggestions for a truly unique New Year in The Coromandel
- See the new year sunrise atop The Pinnacles. Make base overnight at the hut and scamper up the last few metres of one of New Zealand’s most popular overnight walks. Catch the very first rays rising over the Pacific, glistening in the distance, and dream on your year ahead.
- Groove into the New Year at Joe's Farm. Party the night away with Shapeshifter, Sachi and many other New Zealand artists, onsite parking and camping making this the perfect recipe for ending the year right.
- Join the DOC rangers and experience New Year's Eve on the beachfront, far away from the hordes. Contemplate the year ahead with the rugged beauty and remote isolation of Port Jackson and Fletcher Bay Campsites as a canvas.
- Sit back, relax and let the New Year vibes wash over you at Luke’s Kitchen, Kuaotunu. The rustic seaside restaurant combines fresh seasonal cuisine, local brews, organic coffee and a vibrant atmosphere with regular live gigs. A locals' favourite.
- See in the New Year in true Coro’ style, catching the first Kingy of the season with one of the many fishing charters operating in The Coromandel. Experience world-class sport fishing and diving at the magical Aldermen Islands, an adventure you will never forget.
- Light up the night at the annual fireworks display over Tairua and Pauanui, funded by community and local donations. Celebrate the incoming year with the whole family, lie back atop the surrounding hills or stroll down to one of the harbourside reserves and be dazzled by the spectacular display on the stroke of midnight.
- Gather your friends and family for a soulful summer afternoon with Stan Walker, performing at the Whitianga Hotel for an alcohol-free, family-friendly event. Stan will take the stage to perform many hit songs from his superb catalogue with support from Russ Walker. Also performing at Waihi Beach Hotel.