SIGNATURE EVENT MARKETING FUND FOR THE COROMANDEL
UPDATE: 16 MARCH 2021
There were five applications received by the fund closing date and reviewed by the panel. The following successful events will each receive one marketing package:
As part of the Government’s Strategic Tourism Assets Protection Programme (STAPP), $20.2 million was made available to 31 Regional Tourism Organisations (RTOs) across New Zealand to help alleviate the impact of COVID-19 on Local Government revenue and the potential flow-on effect as primary funders.
RTOs play an important role in supporting the tourism system. The tourism sector depends on capable, secure and adequately resourced RTOs. They lead and coordinate activities alongside the tourism industry, stakeholders, Māori/iwi and communities.
Through the fund, Destination Coromandel successfully applied for $700k for nine projects across three areas: Destination Management, Industry Capability Building and Product Development, and Domestic Marketing. From the Domestic Marketing fund, $80k has been earmarked for regional events, to provide support for the promotion (marketing) of events within The Coromandel.
Destination Coromandel aims to build the awareness of events in The Coromandel, and by doing so aid in stimulating and enhancing the economic wellbeing of the region.
Through this fund, Destination Coromandel has developed a range of marketing packages that will be delivered through its supported and owned channels to promote events.
Organisers of eligible events may apply for a marketing package, which must complement or enhance an existing marketing plan. Each marketing package represents a total investment of $12,000 ex. gst.
- Funds must be used for event marketing (as outlined in the STAPP Funding Scope).
- Funds will not be allocated directly to the event organisation, as all payments must be made by Destination Coromandel via Invoice to the supplier.
- The funds must be used by 31st December 2021, in accordance with the STAPP fund criteria.
- Accountability reports must be supplied to Destination Coromandel within two months of the event’s completion.
- The Event Fund Application form must be accompanied by an event plan, marketing plan, and budget.
- Successful applicants must acknowledge the funding support through the use of "The Coromandel good for your soul" brand.
- The event must be held at a time that does not conflict with similar events held in either The Coromandel or wider New Zealand.
- The event organisers must have established participant tracking or evidence of plans to incorporate this in the future and a clear understanding of the target market/s.
- Health and Safety Policies and Marketing Plans must be provided, including a description of how the event will meet the Event Sector Voluntary Code .(https://www.majorevents.govt.nz/resource-bank/covid-19-information-for-event-organisers/)
- The event organisation must partake in some form of environmentally sustainable activity. i.e Zero Waste, Carbon Offset
- The event must attract out of region (The Coromandel) visitors.
- The event must be held within the boundaries of The Coromandel (incorporating Thames Coromandel and Hauraki Districts).
- Organisers must be able to measure and report the economic impacts of the event.
- Total attendees
- Out of region attendees
- Average daily spend
APPLICATION - Online form
- The fund is contestable via an online application process.
- Applications must be completed in full by the close of business on 01 March 2021.
- Applications will be reviewed in consultation with respective councils (TCDC or HDC) with the decision to be final.
- Successful applicants will be notified by 12 March 2021.
Fund Contact: Megan Nunn - [email protected]