Creative Mercury Bay regrets to announce the cancellation of The Daylight Atheist which was due to be held at The Coghill Theatre, Whitianga on Thursday 20th August.
After much deliberation and looking at all of our options to maintain Alert Level 2 restrictions, we have decided that this is the best choice for our community at this time. Our audience’s health & safety is of the utmost importance to us and although it saddens us immensely to have to make this call, we feel that it is the right thing to do.
The event organisers have mentioned that they will be doing a show in Auckland (tentatively booked for the 28th August dependent on alert level downgrade) if you are interested in still seeing the performance. Keep an eye on the Auckland Live website for updates and details.
We can arrange for a refund to be made to your bank account or via cheque. If you would like to and are in a position to do so, you can choose to forego your refund and donate the cost of your ticket to Creative Mercury Bay. As a charitable trust, we rely on funding to bring events to the community and this will assist us in covering the cancellation costs and continuing to be able to provide arts-related events and support to local artists in the future. If you would like to donate some or all of the cost of your ticket(s), please email us at [email protected]
1. Return all purchased tickets to Mercury Bay Pharmacy with your name and contact phone number on the back.
2. At the end of each day, a Creative Mercury Bay representative will collect the returned tickets.
3. The following day, you will be contacted by Creative Mercury Bay to obtain bank account details to arrange the refund. If you would prefer to receive a cheque, we can arrange that also.
4. Your refund will be processed within 3 business days.
5. If you kindly choose to forego your refund and donate the cost of your ticket to Creative Mercury Bay instead, please email us at [email protected] and we will arrange for a receipt to be sent for tax purposes.
Once again, we apologise that we are unable to facilitate this performance and thank you for your support and understanding.
An instant hit when it premiered in 2002, The Daylight Atheist by award-winning satirical cartoonist Tom Scott, stars Michael Hurst in a not-to-be-missed repertoire experience.
Ageing Irish raconteur Danny Moffat retreats from the harsh light of the world to his bedroom. There, under hoardings of old newspapers and beer bottles, he sorts through a lifetime of memories and regrets, from growing up as a boy in Ireland, to the hopes and disappointments of immigration to New Zealand.
Tom Scott’s wonderfully inventive and fiercely funny play is a stirring portrait of his father, a deeply flawed yet charismatic bloke.
“Has its audience roaring with laughter” - The Age, Melbourne
Available at Mercury Bay Pharmacy or Eventbrite