The life of mining and its impact on a small town are at the heart of this comprehensive village museum housed in the historic Coromandel School of Mines building (1897). The well-presented collection covers early goldmining, kauri logging, geological specimens, photographs and general local history. A popular attraction is the old Coromandel jailhouse. Adult $5, Child No charge Open 7 days, 26 December 2015 to 31 March 2016, 1pm-4pm. Labour Weekend to 24 December 2015, open Sat & Sun 1pm-4pm.
841 Rings Road